Tuesday, August 27, 2024

The Endless Walk

 

Morning walks to Vihar lake

Every morning, I roll out of bed,

In the forest, I carefully tread.

By the lake, where the wild roam free,

I huff and puff between the trees.


The birds and the bees fly with ease,

While I’m wheezing in the breeze.

Miles and miles, I’ve put behind,

Hoping a slimmer self to find.


The sun peeks through, a golden sight,

But on my mind is appetite.

Fresh air’s nice, but samosas are nicer,

My waistline grows, despite being a hiker.


I walk and walk, every day without fail,

Through winding paths and nature trails.

But as I look down at my frame,

My stubborn fat remains the same.


I vow to protect this natural wonder,

From poachers and human blunder.

For if this forest meets a tragic fate,

My exercise is gone; I’ll gain more weight!


So, I’ll keep walking, come what may,

Though the roads might fade away.

But deep down, I know it’s true:

This forest walk is like a trip to the zoo!


-chalatmusafir (HD)

No comments: